10 reasons for having Long Term Care Insurance
- To help protect your assets and personal savings.
- To help preserve your quality of life.
- To have options for your care—with long term care insurance, you can choose to participate in deciding where and how to receive care.
- To have access to appropriate care—the right policy helps ensure that the care you receive will be appropriate for your needs.
- To relieve the burden of care from your loved ones.
- To help leave your assets to your family, friends or charity—long term care services are expensive and, without proper planning, can quickly use up a lifetime of savings.
- To gain access to a professional care coordinator in a time of crisis. A professional can help you and your family coordinate your long term care needs, which may include locating services to help with a particular illness, injury or condition.
- To enable you to stay in your home for a longer period of time—comprehensive long term care insurance offers you the option of staying in your own home for as long as possible.
- To stay with children without depending on them for care—long term care insurance may make it possible for a parent to stay in a child’s home without being dependent on him or her.
- To help you and your family plan for the future.